Glassdoor Analysis Report : Facebook vs Google Which is Better Place To Work??
Facebook and Google are dream companies for any IT enthusiast. If I ask you which one would you prefer to join then it might be a difficult question to answer. Another difficult question is who is more influential among Mark Zuckerberg or Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Well, for most of us all 3 are like role models. Personally I rate both Facebook and Google at similar place. Both have changed our life in different ways. Google search engine and Gmail are essential part of our day to day lives and we just can’t lead a normal life without these two now. On the other hand Facebook has given new dimensions to social networking. They have turned the simple idea of staying connected with friends to one of the most successful business ideas in recent times. Recently glassdoor published their infographic about Google and Facebook.
What is glassdoor?Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our “employee generated content” – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves. Now with nearly 3 million salaries and reviews, you have all the information you might need to make your next career decision.
- Google has a slight upper hand in overall comparisons but the competition is real tough and it will be really early to call who will be overall winner by end of 2012. This infographic depicts data of first three months only
- More Google employees approve leading methods of Larry Page then Facebook employees approve Mark Zuckerberg. Mark is without doubt a very influential personality but he has to add few more years of experience to reach Larry’s level.
- If you have read The Google Story, then you must be aware how much importance Google has given to food right from the time company started. That’s still their USP as 29% of Google employees have mentioned Food as the biggest plus point at Google.
- Long Work Hours and Work Life Balance is a negative point for Facebook employees while Google employees see Politics and Compensation as negative points
- Google’s interviews are more difficult then Facebook according to candidates.